You can cook Breakfast Burritos using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Burritos
- It’s 6 of medium flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 cup of multicoloured bell peppers cut into thin slice.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion cut into thin slice.
- It’s 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh coriander.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream divided (2 Tbsp for eggs & 1 Tbsp per tortilla).
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/8 tsp of black pepper or to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1 of tomato diced – optional.
- You need 3 Tbsp of olive oil to sauté (add more as needed).
Breakfast Burritos instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 eggs with 2 Tbsp sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well and set aside..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add sliced onion and saute until nice soft then add bell peppers stirring occasionally add green chilli and coriander stir well.Season lightly with salt and pepper then remove from stove set a side..
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp of butter, add egg mixture and stir/scramble until the eggs are just cooked through (3 min) don't overcook. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spread 1 Tbsp sour cream in the center of a tortilla and top with 1/6 of the cooked eggs, shredded mozzarella cheese, and sauteed onion & bell peppers. Add 1-2 Tbsp diced tomatoes if using*. Don't over-stuff or they will be tough to roll. 2. Roll the burrito from top to bottom: tightly wrap the top flap over the filling, fold the edges in tightly and role to seal with the bottom flap. Repeat with remaining burritos..
- Place a large skillet over medium heat with 2 Tbsp oil. Transfer fresh or thawed burritos to the hot pan, folded-side-down, and cook until golden brown on all sides (2 min per side), adding more oil as needed..
- ✅Notes: *You can freeze this burritos in sandwich bag without frying. Any time when you need take it out from the freezer take the pan add butter / oil and cook well until brown both sides. *Skip the tomatoes if planning to freeze breakfast burritos..