Tuna curry. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add garlic, onions and green pepper. In this video making tuna fish curry recipe with simply available ingredients.
This recipe for Tuna Curry has tons of flavor. It is perfect for a family dinner any night of the week. Some ingredients in this delectable dish combines sweet tuna fish with rich and aromatic spices. You can cook Tuna curry using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna curry
- You need 2 tbsp of generic curry powder blend.
- It’s 2 of salam leaves (see Note).
- It’s 2 kg of diced fresh tuna.
- Prepare 500 ml (2 cups) of coconut cream.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper,.
- Prepare of steamed rice, to serve.
- Prepare 6 of red bird's-eye chillies.
- You need 2 pieces of fresh turmeric, peeled.
- You need 8 of golden eschalots.
- It’s 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) of palm oil.
- It’s 10 of candlenuts.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 cm of knob galangal, peeled.
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass, smashed and left whole.
DIRECTIONS Add the curry powder, salt and mix well. Stir the tuna regularly until well fried (aprx. Tuna Fish Curry Easy is an authentic tangy flavored fish delicacy in Kerala, very special and tasty. The spicy flavored Tuna Fish Curry pairs very well with hot rice and Kappa.
Tuna curry step by step
- For the paste, place all the ingredients except 125 ml (½ cup) of the palm oil and the lemongrass into a spice grinder or food processor and blend to a smooth paste..
- Heat the remaining palm oil in a wok over high heat. Add the paste and lemongrass and cook for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in the curry powder and salam leaves, then add the tuna and gently stir, making sure the tuna doesn’t break up..
- Add the coconut cream, season to taste and bring to the boil. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat and stand for 30 minutes before serving with steamed rice..
- NOTES Salam leaves are Indonesian bay leaves. You can substitute with curry leaves or bay leaves..
This is one of my favorite recipes and is really easy to make. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Try making this Spicy tuna fish curry inspired by Thai ingredients like lemongrass, kaffir leaves and change a curry into an Asian inspired dish with so much taste. Tuna Curry is a dry curry that goes well with rice or tortilla wraps. Learn how to make/prepare Tuna Tuna curry is one dish that has to be a favorite among all fish eaters.