Mississippi Style Pot Roast.
You can cook Mississippi Style Pot Roast using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mississippi Style Pot Roast
- It’s 2-3 lb of beef roast (I prefer sirloin tip).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 package of dry au jus gravy mix.
- Prepare 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix.
- You need 5-6 of peperoncini peppers.
- You need 1/8 cup of peperoncini brine.
- You need of All purpose flour (for the gravy).
Mississippi Style Pot Roast step by step
- Preheat the olive oil in a skillet, season the meat with pepper and then sear it on all sides..
- Add the seared roast to your slow cooker, fat side up..
- Sprinkle the au jus and ranch mixes and then place the stick of butter on top of the roast..
- Place the peperoncinis around the roast, in regular intervals..
- Pour the brine around the edges or even on top, if you like..
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours..
- Once it's done, remove it to a plate so it can rest..
- Pour the liquid into a sauce pan, add flour a teaspoon at a time, stir briskly with a whisk and simmer on low until it thickens into a rich gravy..
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and a vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!!.