PERSIAN SAFFRON, ROSE & PISTACHIO ICE CREAM.
You can cook PERSIAN SAFFRON, ROSE & PISTACHIO ICE CREAM using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of PERSIAN SAFFRON, ROSE & PISTACHIO ICE CREAM
- It’s of saffron.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of hot water.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of + 85 gm castor sugar.
- It’s of chopped pistachios.
- Prepare of dried rose petals.
- It’s of egg yolks.
- It’s of double cream.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- You need of rose water.
PERSIAN SAFFRON, ROSE & PISTACHIO ICE CREAM instructions
- Using a mortar -pestal, grind together the saffronstrands with a pinch of of sugar.Add hot water and leave to sleep..
- Toast the pistachios in a small pan over low heat fr a minute or two.Set aside to cool..
- In a saucepan heat milk with 50 gm sugar until it starts to steam. Take it off the heat before it comes to boil. Set aside..
- Using a balloon whisk, whisk the egg yolks along with the remaining sugar and cornstarch until pale in colour..
- Slowly in a drizzle, add half of the hot milk in three batches, to the egg yolks. Whisk continuously whilst adding the hot milk to avoid curdling..
- Add the tempered egg yolks to the remaining milk in a slow drizzle whilst continuously whisking the milk..
- On a medium low flame, whilst whisking continuously, bring the egg milk mixture to boil and thicken to a custard consistency..
- Take it off the heat and stir in in the saffron liquid along with the rose water..
- Strain through a sieve into a mixing bowl to catch any curdled egg. Leave to cool at room temperature..
- Whisk the cream into the custard and refrigerate to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Spoon or pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions..
- Add 3/3 or the pistachios and 3/4 tbsp of the rose petals halfway through the process..
- Transfer to a plastic container and freeze..
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer for 5 minutes or until slightly softened..
- Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and rose petals..