Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese. All you have to do is say these two words and I'm flooded with childhood memories. Back then, this was one of my mother's go-to dishes. I failed to mention, I put mine on a well-oiled broiler pan and grill them, they get a beautiful color and taste great (approx.
Easy Tuna Patties Haiku: "This was a surprise! Like salmon patty!" Only things that I did differently were to add a shakey-shake of dried dill, and then refrigerate the patties for a few hrs. so that they'd hold together better when frying. The best part about these were the leftover. You can have Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese
- Prepare of ~For the patties.
- It’s 2 cans of tuna in oil – partially drained.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of plain bread crumbs.
- You need 2 of eggs – beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare of ~Other (total quantity depends on how many you make).
- Prepare of Bread (2 slices per serving).
- Prepare of Cheese (2 slices per serving).
- It’s of Unsalted butter – softened.
Check out my easy vegan tuna recipe which I had with GRILLED VEGAN CHEESE and a healthy vegan sandwich! Grilled tuna cheese sandwiches aka grilled tuna melt sandwiches are awesome. Dad's best grilled tuna melt sandwich recipe with tuna salad. We've found one of the key variables in making a tuna melt sandwich is the relationship between browning the bread and melting the cheese.
Tuna Patty Grilled Cheese instructions
- Place all ingredients for the patties in a medium bowl. Stir together with a fork until well combined. Form mixture into four equal patties about 3" in diameter..
- Heat a 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil, swirl to coat. Place patties in skillet. Cook first side until browned. Flip. Cook second side until browned. Took about 4 minutes per side for me..
- While patties are cooking butter one side of each slice of bread you will be using. When patties are done transfer to a plate and set aside. Carefully wipe out skillet with a clean paper towel and return to heat..
- Add one slice of bread to skillet, buttered side down. Layer one slice of cheese, one tuna patty, one more slice of cheese, then second slice of bread buttered side up..
- When first side is browned to your liking flip. Gently press down with spatula to squish sandwich together. Cook until second side is browned to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Repeat process with remaining patties to make up to 4 sandwiches. Enjoy!.
Easy to make, so tasty, gluten-free, low carbs, and keto-friendly. If you love tuna, you will love these tuna patties. They are so tasty and easy to make. Its as simple as gathering up your ingredients, toss into a bowl and mix them. These Chickpea Tuna Patties are PACKED with protein and super easy to make.