Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake. If you're looking for a delicious, seasonal, berry cake recipe to add to your morning-treat repertoire, this buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake is perfect! The batter can be made ahead of time and stashed in the fridge, allowing you to bake the cake off in the morning. This post may contain affiliate links.
The buttermilk makes this moist and delicious. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk; fold in the blueberries. This is the best blueberry breakfast cake you will ever eat. You can cook Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- It’s 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare of Zest from 1 large lemon.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (set aside 1 tablespoon for sprinkling).
- You need 1 of egg, room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 cup of this to toss with the blueberries).
- Prepare 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh blueberries, picked over.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk, see recipe below.
Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake recipe: Try this Buttermilk-Blueberry Breakfast Cake recipe, or contribute your own. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. This Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake is a delicious way to use up some fresh or frozen blueberries! There's just something about the middle of winter that has me dreaming of blueberries.
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake step by step
- How to Make Buttermilk from Scratch: Scale this recipe up as needed. Place 2 teaspoons of vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Fill cup with milk (2% or whole is best) until it reaches the 1/2-cup line. Let stand for five minutes. Use as directed..
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, cream the butter with the lemon zest and the 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon of sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour, then whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt..
- Add half of the flour mixture to the batter, and stir with spatula to incorporate. Add all of the buttermilk. Stir. Add remaining flour, and stir until flour is absorbed. Fold in the blueberries. (Leave excess flour from the blueberry bowl behind.).
- Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray. If you have parchment paper on hand, line the pan with parchment on top of the butter. Spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes — a 9-inch pan will be done in closer to 35 minutes; an 8-inch pan usually needs 40 to 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes. (Note: Baking for as long as 10 m.
They are after all, the quintessential summer berry, so I guess it would seem fitting to crave them as. After making this blueberry buttermilk breakfast cake several times, it's hard to not think of it as the perfect brunch cake, especially for family gatherings. With Holiday brunch, family gatherings and celebration gatherings, berries are always a favorite. Now it is the perfect time to make this cake that. I have been eyeing this breakfast cake from Alexandra's Kitchen for a while now and finally cracked down and had to make it!