Brad's tuna steaks over couscous with pan sauce. The sauce was great on the potatoes and couscous we ate with the tuna as well. I served this over a spinach salad with fresh tomatoes and mushrooms and it was fantastic. Broccoli stir-fry over rice is a staple around my house, but I'll admit I'm quickly tiring of it.
The fish'll pair perfectly with lightly. Turn over carefully and cook in the. Capers and lemon make a tangy sauce which complements broiled tuna steaks perfectly. You can have Brad's tuna steaks over couscous with pan sauce using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's tuna steaks over couscous with pan sauce
- You need 4 of ahi tuna steaks.
- Prepare of Prepared couscous.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white zinfandel.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 2 tbs of cornstarch mixed with 2 tbs cold water.
You can cook the tuna on the grill or in a stovetop grill pan. Rub olive oil over the tuna steaks; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange tuna on the hot prepared pan. This easy recipe for pan-seared tuna steaks with tomato spinach sauce has ALL the good tastes, and is ready in a half hour!
Brad's tuna steaks over couscous with pan sauce step by step
- Sauté onion in a tbs of butter over low heat until carmelized. Add garlic and cook 1 minute..
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous..
- Degrade pan with vinegar and wine. Simmer and reduce liquid by at least half..
- Add rest of sauce ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Stir often..
- Meanwhile heat a dry, non stick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle tuna filets with garlic powder and white pepper..
- When sauce comes to a simmer, slowly add cornstarch stirring constantly. Simmer until sauce thickens. You might not need all of the starch..
- Add filets to pan, seasoning side down. Sprinkle other side with seasonings. Cook 2 minutes per side until steaks are rare.
- Plate couscous. Place steaks on top. Drizzle with sauce. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
And if you want to take it to the next level, try it served over creamy, dreamy polenta or Here's the thing with this recipe for pan-seared tuna steaks with tomato spinach sauce. Steamed jasmine rice or couscous would make a nice accompaniment to the tangy citrus sauce on the tuna. Lightly brush the tuna steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. The tuna is served over a bed of arugula with the warm sauce drizzled over it for a healthfully satisfying meal. To read the accompanying story, see: Tuna Transfer the fillets to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.