Chorizo breakfast tacos. These Chorizo Breakfast Tacos are easy enough to whip up for a weekday breakfast, but special enough for weekend brunch. These tacos combine chorizo and scrambled eggs with all your favorite taco toppings—avocado, tomato, and cheese. These chorizo breakfast tacos, made with chorizo, eggs, and tortillas, is an easy weeknight dinner These chorizo breakfast tacos, loaded with eggs, potatoes, radish, crumbled chorizo sausage.
These quick and easy breakfast tacos with chorizo, potato hash, and eggs are ridiculously flavorful and the perfect meal any time of day. Saute the chorizo until cooked through. In these breakfast tacos, the chorizo is browned THEN the egg is cooked in the same pan so it can soak up all the flavours of the chorizo. You can cook Chorizo breakfast tacos using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chorizo breakfast tacos
- Prepare 12 oz. of Of chorizo "2 tubes" regular or beef.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot.
- Prepare 1 of small white onion.
- You need 3 of small Yukon potatoes.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- It’s of Corn tortillas either white corn or yellow. Flour works too.
- You need 3 of tbl. Spoon corn oil or what ever oil you prefer.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
That's why the egg has a slightly brown tinge to it – it's all. Transfer chorizo to a plate with a slotted spoon. I'm always on the fence about breakfast tacos and burritos – usually because I want some sort of pork and queso cheese in my tacos and I don't always love sausage but when I do… it's usually chorizo. In this breakfast taco recipe, chorizo adds zip to a hearty potato-and-onion filling that's irresistible stuffed into a warm corn tortilla.
Chorizo breakfast tacos instructions
- This is what you need..
- Dice your onions and shallot. Peel your potatoes and cube on the smaller size so they will brown nicely and be cooked all the way through..
- In a preheated skillet over med/high heat add your oil and potatoes. Salt and pepper and stir and fry until golden brown about 7-10 mins..
- Add your onions and shallot..
- Stir and fry for 4-5 mins..
- Add your chorizo and break it up with your spoon..
- Cook for 8-10 mins stirring to keep from burning..
- Mean while in a preheated grill pan or skillet to med. Heat start to heat your tortillas 10 seconds a side or so..
- Wet a few paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds. Line your tortilla warming container or plate with the warm paper towels. As you go make sure to keep rotating your warm tortillas from the top to the bottom this will keep them nice and hot..
- Now add the eggs no need to whisk not like we're making an omelette "lol".
- Turn off heat and stir vigorously breaking up the yolks and mixing from top to bottom untill eggs are cooked and no longer runny. About 5 mins..
- And there it is easy and always a family favorite!!!.
- Serve on warm tortillas and top with hot sauce if you desire. I am using cholula it has a nice vinegar taste on the mild side..
- Hope you all enjoy!!!.
Treat yourself to bacon, chorizo and eggs wrapped in warm tortillas. Recipe from the Tasting Table Test Kitchen. Soy chorizo comes encased in a thick plastic tube that makes it look just like chorizo. These breakfast tacos are only as spicy as the chorizo and salsa that you choose but they Sauté chorizo sausage in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. These breakfast tacos do have a bit of a kick, from the Mexican chorizo and the serrano peppers in the potatoes, but it can easily be modified to be less spicy if you prefer.