Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl.
You can cook Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl
- It’s of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef 75/25.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 pkg of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Black Beans.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of cans black beans.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Salsa.
- It’s 1 of tomato, large.
- It’s 1 of lime, juice and zested.
- You need 1/4 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Canned Hot Peppers, diced.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare 6 oz of shredded cheese (your choice).
- You need 8 oz of Sour Cream.
Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl instructions
- Add the rice, salt, and 3 cups water to a medium sauce pot. Place a lid on top, turn the heat on to high, and allow the water to come up to a full boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the heat off and let it sit, with the lid in place, for an additional five minutes. Fluff just before serving..
- While the rice is cooking, make the beans. Add both cans of black beans (undrained) to a small sauce pot, along with the cumin, and garlic powder. Heat over medium, stirring often, until heated through..
- Dice the tomato and hot peppers, mince jalapeño and onions. Mix in a bowl while squeezing lime juice and zest together. Set aside..
- In a skillet under medium high heat brown the meat season with salt and pepper. Once browned, reduce heat to low and drain most of the grease. Return to skillet and add taco seasoning with some of the remaining grease and mix in well..
- Place rice in bowl, and add toppings. Serve and enjoy!.