"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos. This slow cooked Hawaiian pulled pork is stacked on crispy tortillas with pineapple rice and BBQ sauce for a fun twist on enchiladas. Enchiladas are my all-time favorite Mexican food and yet, I've made them exactly once. They're kind of just too time-consuming.
This tropical pulled pork hawaiian recipe will become a weeknight dinner favorite! Slow cooking is where it's at, especially when it turns out food like these spicy carnitas tacos. Prep, drop and let it cook away. You can cook "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked pulled pork.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped pineapple.
- You need of (16) 4"to 5" corn tortillas.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peach preserves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of habanero hot sauce.
- You need of Slaw.
- You need 1/2 of Green cabbage, finely shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small purple onion, finely sliced.
- You need 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sherry or dry white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher or sea salt.
- You need of Optional Garnish.
- It’s of Avocado.
- You need of Carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- It’s of Tajin fruit seasoning (in the Mexican isle at most grocers).
Let's cover this sweet and spicy carnitas taco—there's crushed pineapples, brown sugar. This Hawaiian BBQ pork is made easy by using a slow cooker, then wrapped up in crispy wonton taco shells and drizzled with a heavenly BBQ sauce! These Hawaiian BBQ pork tacos are sweet and saucy with an attitude… absolutely delicious! Just throw it on some white bread, sweet Hawaiian buns, in a taco, or There seems to be a pulled pork sandwich on just about every restaurant menu these days.
"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos instructions
- Start by assembling the slaw in a mixing bowl, and set aside to marinate..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl..
- Combine the cooked pork with the pineapple..
- Lightly oil a comal or a skillet and preheat on medium. Warm the tortillas for 10 to 20 seconds each side and transfer to a warmer. Add oil to the pan as needed..
- Assemble the tacos, starting with the pineapple pork mixture, then the slaw, then top with sauce and garnish..
It's one of those items that I am always so drawn to, yet get. If the title doesn't kickstart your cravings, allow me to expand upon the beauty you see piled high up above and shredded down below. So how does one consume such Hawaiian Pulled Pork perfection? You've got three options to choose from Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Place the pork on top of the carrots and onions and pour half of the pineapple juice mixture over pork.