Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet.
You can cook Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet
- Prepare 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 t of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 t of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion; small dice.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1/2 C of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 C of dried ziti.
- It’s 1.5 C of marinara.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of diced tomatoes; strained.
- It’s 1.25 C of water.
- Prepare 1 C of cheddar; shredded.
- It’s 1/2 C of mozzarella; shredded.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Cheeseburger Ziti Skillet instructions
- Allow beef to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour. (Room temp proteins caramelize better…the secret to a great steak!).
- Season beef with onion powder, dried oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper..
- Heat a large, tall skillet and sear beef and onions until completely browned. Add garlic during last 30 seconds. Drain excessive fat..
- Add beef stock. Scrape up any brown bits on the bottom. Reduce until absorbed, about 1 minute..
- Add marinara, diced tomatoes, ziti, and pasta. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium..
- Cook approximately 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is tender..
- Stir in cheeses. Alternatively, sprinkle cheese atop and brown cheese in the broiler for approximately 30 seconds..
- Variations; Ketchup, liquid smoke, roasted garlic, bell peppers, shallots, red onions, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, dried onion soup mix, applewood seasoning, parsley, other pasta noodles, demi glace, crushed tomatoes, pasta sauce, red wine, vegetable stock, pizza cheese blend, provolone, fontina, mozzarella pearls, goat cheese, cream cheese, parmesan, pepperjack, eggplant, zucchini, jalapeno, swiss, rosemary, fresh oregano, herbes de provence, basil, pecorino,.
- Parmigiano reggiano, ricotta, heavy cream, red wine vinegar, arugula, crushed pepper flakes, chives, fennel, spinach, mushrooms, paprika, scallions, saffron, sugar, balsamic, sherry,.