Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin. Second, if sautéing bacon is a step in a recipe that leads to something else being cooked in the bacon fat (like in this breakfast potatoes recipe), follow the If you like your bacon extra crispy, put a metal cooling rack inside the baking sheet. Elevating the bacon allows the strips to cook from all sides. Chop your potatoes into large chunks.
This rich, creamy gratin gets a note of smokiness from the bacon between the layers of tender potatoes. Create your own potato gratin with the Recipe Heat the reserved fat over medium-high heat and sauté leeks until tender, fragrant, and lightly browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can cook Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin
- You need 6 large of Thin sliced potato on a mandolin or otherwise.
- You need 4 of thin sliced large onions.
- You need 5 large cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chillies, 1 red 1 green.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- You need 250 g of bacon lardons.
- You need 1 tub (300g) of creme fresh.
- Prepare 300 g of strong cheddar cheese grated.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need 50 g of butter.
Learn how to make baked potatoes with this simple step-by-step video tutorial and baked potato recipe. These baked potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and SO delicious. Au gratin bacon potatoes is a great side dish to bring potluck dinners at those summertime group camping trips. They go great with just about anything.
Spicy oven baked sautéd potato and bacon gratin step by step
- Fry off bacon lardons and set aside for later..
- Grate cheddar cheese into a bowl and set aside for later..
- Place 6 tablespoons of oil in frying pan. Thinly slice potatoes and onions. Place potatoes first one layer in bottom of pan then a layer of onions and sprinkle them with salt and pepper and repeat process until all potatoes and onions are in the pan. Fry gently with a lid on..
- Finley chop garlic and chillies and add to the top of potato and onion mix in frying pan. When the potatoes on the bottom have browned turn the mix over. Do this until most of the mix has browned and softened ..
- Get an oven proof dish big enough to hold all the contents of what's in the frying Crush some more garlic and and mix with the butter. Rub this around the inside of this ovenproof dish..
- Placed cooked potato and onion mix into oven proof dish . Sprinkle on bacon lardons. Sprinkle on grated cheese. Drizzle creme fresh all over. Place in oven to bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 mins..
- Bon appetite . Love this one…
Do not slice the potatoes in advance, as they will discolor if sliced too soon. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a bowl. These oven-roasted potatoes are very easy to make, so you can have a delicious side dish with minimal work! You can use dried herbs but if you have fresh on hand, by all means, use them! I find the high temperature can cause fresh garlic to burn so roasted potatoes is one of the only places I really.