Moroccan Beef Stew.
You can have Moroccan Beef Stew using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Beef Stew
- It’s 2 lbs of beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- You need 1 of purple onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of large carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick on the bias.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of red or orange bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Spanish paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 of heap tsp beef stock paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted.
- You need 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
- Prepare 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Zest from 1 lemon.
Moroccan Beef Stew step by step
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pot on medium-high heat. Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper and fry them in the pot until they're well-browned. Remove any excess oil and fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the meat. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Let simmer for 2 hours, skimming the surface regularly to remove any scum. Add extra water as needed..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large, deep pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and fry 1 minute more. Stir in the spices and continue frying 1 minute..
- Pull the beef cubes from their pot and stir 3 cups of the braising liquid as well as the stock paste and honey into the pan of spiced veggies. Add the olives and raisins and bring to a simmer. Let cook 5 minutes, then add the beef, cilantro and half the lemon zest. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes to warm the meat through. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top when serving..