Beef and chorizo tacos. For the tacos, heat a large cast-iron or other skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the chorizo and remove to paper towel-lined plate to drain. Meanwhile, for the filling, in a large skillet, heat the oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high. Add the cumin and season with salt and pepper.
Each person gets three filling tacos for a satisfying meal full of fresh veggie crunch. Garlic, paprika, cumin, and vinegar turn ground beef into near-instant Mexican-style chorizo, much leaner than the traditional pork version. Arrange hard shell tacos on baking sheet and add some cheese to each taco; toast shells to light golden and until cheese has melted. You can have Beef and chorizo tacos using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef and chorizo tacos
- It’s 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 links of raw chorizo sausage (6 to 8oz).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of white onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of large poblano diced.
- Prepare of Large garlic minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Lime.
- You need of Hot Mexican chile powder.
- You need of Smoked paprika.
- It’s of Cumin.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Small Idaho potato skinned and diced small (about a cup to cup and a 1/2).
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble the chorizo and add to the hot oil. Stir occasionally to get an even cooking. The mixture gets stuffed into soft warm corn tortillas and topped with salsa verde, cilantro, and a slew of other garnishes.
Beef and chorizo tacos step by step
- Start by skinning the potatoe and dicing it. Add to a bowl and season with salt, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Add to a non stick.
- In a non stick pan heat some evo in your and add the onions and poblano. Sauté for around 10 minutes or until the onions start to brown. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant..
- Add the potatoes and turn the heat up to about medium high and cook until they are crispy and set aside..
- In a separate pan add the meat and cook through. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder and a couple punches of salt. Once the seasoning have toasted with the meat add the potatoe mixture in with about a 1/2 cup of water and simmer until thickened.
- Add the cilantro and pull off the heat. Serve on flour street tacos with some pepper jack cheese, homemade pico and a touch of sour cream..
It's one of the simplest and most delicious tacos you can make. Meanwhile, start getting your corn tortillas ready. For these nachos I used some chorizo sausage for some extra flavor. I chopped up the chorizo sausage into small pieces and in a hot skillet I added the beef and cooked it until it was no longer pink. Add the cumin, chili powder and salt and mix.