Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta. Butternut squash is one of our favorite fall staples. Butternut squash is an orange-fleshed winter squash, celebrated for its versatility and sweet, nutty flavor. Though commonly thought of as a vegetable, butternut squash is technically a fruit.
Similar to pumpkins in taste and texture, the butternut squash is easier to roast and puree (mostly because it's smaller). Butternut squash is a type of winter squash native to the Americas. Technically a fruit, it has long been utilized as a complete source of vegan protein by native populations when also paired with corn. You can have Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta
- Prepare 1 bunch of kale.
- It’s 1/2 cup of precooked bacon bits.
- It’s 1 jar (1 1/2 cup) of alfredo sauce.
- Prepare of Buttersquash stuffed pasta (I used frozen medaglioni).
- Prepare to taste of fresh ground pepper.
Hard to cut into, but totally worth it. How to cook a butternut squash. In terms of cooking up your squash. Learn the easiest way to prep and cook butternut squash and enjoy two easy recipes using this popular winter squash. *SUBSCRIBE for new episodes every week.
Butternut squash & kale carbonara pasta instructions
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- Add the pasta to boiling water and cook as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop kale.
- In a large pan, sizzle bacon bits at medium heat and add kale, stirring frequently till kale is cooked, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper, cover and put aside.
- While pasta and kale/bacon mix are cooking, reheat alfredo sauce in microwave.
- Serve pasta in a plate, add sauce and top with kale/bacon mix.
Our butternut squash tarte is delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Butternut squash, sage, sourdough crumbs and parmesan are baked together in a dish that is perfect comfort. Learn how to cut a butternut squash (safely!) with this step-by-step tutorial! Plus, how to select a butternut squash and lots of recommendations for butternut squash recipes. Butternut squash is one of the most common varieties of winter squash.