Mini Muffaletta (sliders).
You can have Mini Muffaletta (sliders) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Muffaletta (sliders)
- It’s of For the tapenade.
- You need 3/4 cup of mixed brined olives (as in authentic Italian) – pitted.
- You need 1/3 cup of Italian pickled vegetables (aka Giardiniera).
- You need 2 of medium pieces (or 1 large) jarred roasted red peppers.
- It’s 3 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of For assembly.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Genoa salami – deli sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb of capicola (mild or hot) – deli sliced.
- It’s 1/4 lb of mortadella – deli sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of smoked provolone – deli sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb of mozzarella – deli sliced.
- Prepare 6 of "connected", hearty dinner rolls or slider buns.
Mini Muffaletta (sliders) step by step
- Place pickled veggies in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop. Add all other tapenade ingredients. Pulse several times until you have a finely minced mixture..
- Leave buns/rolls attached to each other. Cut in half horizontally (to make a bottom and top)..
- Spread half the tapenade on the cut side of the bottoms, spread the other half on the tops..
- On bottoms layer salami, provolone, mortadella, mozzarella, capicola in that order. Cover with the tops..
- Wrap assembled sliders in plastic wrap. Press down gently and evenly to squish everything together. Refrigerate 1-2 hrs for flavors to marinate..
- When ready to serve remove from fridge, unwrap, cut apart. Enjoy!.
- Note 1: If you don't have a food processor you can finely mince the olives, veggies, and peppers by hand then mix with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl..
- Note 2: You really do want pretty hearty rolls/buns, and do NOT want to leave it refrigerated too long, or you will end up with soggy sliders..