You can have Breakfast Wellington using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Wellington
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- It’s 3 of x banana shallots finely chopped.
- You need 2 of x large garlic cloves finely sliced.
- It’s 2/3 pack of chestnut mushrooms finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of x finely chopped chilli.
- Prepare Tablespoon of balsamic glaze.
- Prepare Tablespoon of ketchup.
- You need Splash of Worcester sauce.
- You need Teaspoon of English Mustard.
- You need 3 of x inside filling of pork sausages.
- Prepare Handful of chopped parsley.
- You need Half of handful chopped chives.
- You need of Egg-for glaze.
- It’s Handful of breadcrumbs.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- You need 8 of x slices pancetta.
- You need 3 of x boiled & peeled eggs.
- It’s of Puff pastry.
Breakfast Wellington instructions
- Add the shallots and garlic to 50g butter and cook for 3 mins until translucent.
- Add chestnut mushrooms and sauté for 4 mins.
- Add chilli.
- Add the ketchup, balsamic and Worcester sauce and cook for two mins.
- Stir through a teaspoon of English mustard and simmer for 4 mins.
- Add sausage mixture ensuring to break up in the pan and cook for 4 mins before adding parsley and chives and cooking for a further five mins.
- Stir through breadcrumbs and seasoning and set aside to cool.
- Lay clingfilm on surface and lay 8 x pieces of pancetta next to one another (ensure to overlap).
- Spread half an inch of the cooled sausage filling evenly over the pancetta.
- Place 3 x boiled eggs down the centre of the sausage filling (horizontally).
- Roll into a cylinder- see vid for method.
- Chill for 1hr.
- Unwrap your cylinder and place to the left of the shop bought puff pastry.
- Cut over half the pastry to the right away and lay on top of the cylinder & wrap & secure- see vid for method.
- Decorate and brush with a beaten egg.
- Cook in oven at 200 degrees for 30 mins.