Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. Turkey Shepherds Pot Pie. save recipe go to recipe. My Aunt made a mean Shepherd's Pie when I was a kid and my family always looked forward to it at our regular Sunday night dinners, so the idea of marrying Shepherd's Pie with Thanksgiving dinner seemed like a no-brainer to me. Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt.
Pressure Cooker Shepherd's Pie + First Look at The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook! Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. You can have Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- It’s 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of butter.
I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie. My take on a traditional hot pot and shepherds pie. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of meat and vegetables.
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? instructions
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY 😊.
We would like to send many thanks to the person who invented the Crock Pot. It is one of our favorite kitchen appliances and makes putting a delicious dinner on the table so easy. Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Two-Potato Topping. Use up some of that leftover Thanksgiving turkey with this delicious Shepherd's pie. My boyfriend and I love your light chicken pot pie recipe (made it twice in the last two months), and the last time I made it, we had leftover filling that I froze.