You can have Carnitas Tacos using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carnitas Tacos
- It’s 2 lb of boneless pork shoulder roast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 2 medium of oranges, cut in half.
- Prepare 2 cup of liquid (beer, water, or stock).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 packages of tortillas.
- Prepare of salsa.
Carnitas Tacos instructions
- Combine the salt, pepper, and oregano. Season the pork roast generously with the mixture..
- Juice the oranges then put the oranges and juice put in slow cooker with cinnamon, chili powder, and garlic and stir to combine..
- Place the pork in the slow cooker then add whatever liquid you are using..
- Set to cook on low for 8 hours. The meat is done when it is tender and falling apart..
- Let it cool enough to handle, then lift the meat from the juices and place in a large bowl. Shred the meat..
- (For best results) In a large saute pan, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Press the meat into the oil and fry until crusty on one side..
- Serve on tortillas with salsa..