You can cook Barbacoa Tacos using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Barbacoa Tacos
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of beef brisket (about 3 pounds).
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of chipotle chilis packed in adobo,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of adobo sauce.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of limes, juiced (or equalivent lime juice).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 quart of beef stock.
- It’s 1 packages of tortillas.
- It’s 1 head of romanie lettuce, shredded.
- You need 1 medium of red onions, diced.
Barbacoa Tacos step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- In a dutch oven warm oil over high heat. Sear the brisket on all sides..
- Put garlic, chilies with sauce, tomatoes, vinegar, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until mixture is completely smooth..
- Add chili mixture to the dutch oven and then add enough stock to completely cover beef. Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until brisket is extremely tender. If needed, add more stock or water occasionally making sure beef is covered..
- Pull the dish from the oven and remove meat. Reserve about a quarter of the juices. Shred the beef using forks..
- Add beef back to juices and toss to coat..
- Serve on tortilla and top with onions and lettuce..