Breakfast Tacos 🌮. I've never met a breakfast taco I didn't like. But the kind that truly impress me, and that I turn to again and again, are simple and straightforward. This version tops a warm tortilla with fluffy scrambled eggs.
Not sure how to make breakfast tacos? From cheesy egg fillings to fruity toppings, Paleo-friendly versions or plant-based creations, there's a taco. It is speculated that breakfast tacos were a staple in San Antonio a long time ago, but locals used to simply call it breakfast, while Austin had given the dish its current name. You can cook Breakfast Tacos 🌮 using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Tacos 🌮
- It’s of Flour tortilla.
- Prepare of Egg.
- You need of Onions.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- Prepare of Taco seasoning.
- You need of Hot sauce such as Tabasco or sriracha or even scotch bonnet.
Breakfast tacos are the go to here in Texas. When our family comes to visit there's two things they Flour tortillas are best for breakfast tacos. Just spray a large pan with non stick spray and toss the. Try these breakfast tacos and get more recipes, inspiration and ideas on Food.com.
Breakfast Tacos 🌮 instructions
- To make the taco shells use a bowl to cut the tortilla in to circle. Heat about a tablespoon of oil in your pan then put the shaped tortilla and grill for few second. Using a kitchen tong or your hands fold the tortilla in to a half moon shape and grill each side as shown below. Set the shells aside and prepare the filling.
- In a bowl crack in your eggs add salt pepper onions and oregano taco seasoning hot sauce and whisk. Fry the eggs and scramble them.
- Now fill your taco shells with the fillings and serve.
- To make your own taco seasoning:.
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper..
This is a very traditional Texas breakfast, and quick to prepare. It can be prepared in advance, and filling. For his take on breakfast tacos, F&W's Justin Chapple fills warm corn tortillas with scrambled eggs, crisp bacon and Monterey Jack cheese. More like a breakfast burrito than a taco. I used ground turkey breast breakfast sausage to cut back on the fat colby/jack cheese.