Potatoes au Gratin. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! I would mince the onion and mix it throughout the potatoes.
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. You can cook Potatoes au Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potatoes au Gratin
- Prepare 2 kg of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese of your choice..
- It’s dash of chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cream cheese.
Cheesy potatoes au gratin is a classic side dish that's easy to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser. This cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe beats all other potato side dishes out there. Here's the best way to cook homemade au gratin potatoes at home before your holiday meal. Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps.
Potatoes au Gratin step by step
- Preheat oven to 250-300 degrees celcius (or mark 6)..
- Peel potatoes, wash and drain well..
- Slice the potatoes as finely as possible or use a slicer to make things easier..
- Rub the garlic around a baking dish or skillet. Grease the dish with butter. I also greased it with cream cheese..
- Start laying the sliced potatoes in the dish separating them only slightly, keeping them compact. Add salt, pepper, parsley. Add a layer of cream. Spread the cream on the potatoes. Add some grated cheese..
- Repeat step 5 for as many layers as you have potatoes. You might need to add cream or cheese..
- On the final layer top with some parsley and a lot of cheese and bake for 45-60minutes..
Rich and creamy with a satisfying crispy crust, au gratin potatoes make a delicious. Classic potatoes au gratin are everything a holiday dish is supposed to be—elegant, rich, luxurious, extraordinary—and this particular au gratin recipe is the best of the best. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Potatoes Au Gratin is a French classic recipe, perfect served in colder weather as a side dish. It has a delicious, fondant base made with thinly sliced potatoes, covered in cream.