Apple and Tuna salad. This is a very excellent tuna salad recipe and I have been making almost the exact recipe for many years! After slicing my apple off of the core, I dip in lemon juice to keep it from browning. I also like to throw in a little chopped celery and use chopped red onion.
Personally I love Genova's tuna the most because it's packed in a little olive oil, sustainably caught MSC Certified and incredibly fresh tasting. Today I'm sharing one of my favorite new ways to make tuna salad: with Genova Yellowfin Tuna, crunchy honeycrisp apples, cranberries, greek yogurt. I grew up eating tuna salad made with sour pickles, onions, and mayonnaise. You can cook Apple and Tuna salad using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple and Tuna salad
- You need 10 ounces of canned tuna packed in spring water.
- You need 1 of medium Granny Smith Apple.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 2 of large iceberg lettuce leaves, optional.
When I married, my m-in-law made a delicious tuna salad with apples as one of the main ingredients. Wash, core, and dice the apple. Tuna salad is a staple in my house during lunch time and for good reason! For a fun twist on the classic, I love throwing in diced apples to my tuna salad this time of year.
Apple and Tuna salad instructions
- Wash lid of tuna cans. Open and drain off water..
- Wash, core, and dice the apple. Add drained tuna to apple.
- Add mayonnaise and mix. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve on lettuce if you so choose. I hope you enjoy!.
Not only do apples add a subtle sweet flavor and lots of crunch, but it's a great way to add a serving of fruit into your day. Tuna salad with slices of cucumber, avocado, red apple and eggs in bowl on wooden background. Shot of an apple tuna walnut salad ingredients Top view of tuna salad with fresh sunflower sprout, tomato, apple sliced, peas and salad dressing made from sesame oil. No matter what, I need something that I can eat fast! Enter this Curried Tuna Salad with Apples.