Beef stroganoff. A Freezer Full of Omaha Steaks Means Peace of Mind for Your Family. With its tender chunks of beef coated in a luscious creamy sauce and served over a bed of buttery noodles, it's no wonder Beef Stroganoff is such a hit. With all that flavor, you might assume it's a complicated dish, but it's actually quite the opposite.
Very simple to assemble and the slow cooker does the work for you. Easy Beef Stroganoff in the Slow Cooker Rating: Unrated. Beef stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food. You can have Beef stroganoff using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef stroganoff
- Prepare 450 g of button mushrooms.
- You need 1 of small purple onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 550 g of flank steak, sliced thinly against the grain.
- You need 4 cups of dry egg noodles.
- It’s 2 cups of beef stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Finely chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate the classic dish from familiar to fabulous. The dish became popular in the U. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat until very hot.
Beef stroganoff step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry until they give up their water and turn brown, about 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms to a plate..
- Add a fresh splash of veg oil to the pan you used for the mushrooms and turn the heat down to medium-high. Add the onion and garlic. Let sweat for 1 minute. Add the beef and fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. While you wait for the beef, get a large pot of water boiling and throw in the noodles..
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and add the stock. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Make a slurry by whisking the cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water, then add it also. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken, about 1 or 2 minutes. Whisk in the sour cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Your noodles should be close to cooked by this time. Turn the pan down to low while you wait..
- Drain the noodles well and add them to the pan. Toss well to coat. Sprinkle a little parsley on top when serving..
Working in batches, add meat in single layer and cook. Season the steak strips with House Seasoning, then dust with flour. In a large skillet, quickly brown them on both sides in the olive oil and butter. Remove the steak from the pan. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings.