Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake. Cheese grits are OK but they are better without. I make grits all the time but found out that using velveeta cheese is way better than using cheddar cheese. You can put anything in grits, even some salsa, veggies, salmon.
Eggs, cheese, and sausage or bacon tops the grits. Learn how to make Baked Cheese Grits. These are the most perfect Cheese Grits from Delish.com. You can have Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake
- You need 1 lb of raw bacon, cut across the length into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 6 of eggs beaten in a cup.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Grits:.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quick grits.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- You need Dash of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of beaten egg.
Grits might just be the easiest, most comforting dish to make. A Southern classic, cheese grits are perfect to serve for brunch or at a lunch buffet. In this recipe from Screen Doors and Sweet Tea, quick-cooking grits combine with milk, sharp cheddar cheese, hot sauce, and eggs, then bake in a casserole dish that can go directly onto the table. Marcela reinvents the traditional breakfast casserole by adding grits.
Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In a cold iron skillet set on medium heat, render your bacon til crispy. Drain off most of the drippings. Spread the bacon bits in a single layer in bottom of skillet off the heat..
- Salt and pepper the beaten eggs, set aside..
- In a pan, bring 2 cups water and salt to a boil. Pour 1/2 cup of grits into boiling water, stirring. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Take off the heat..
- Add cheese and garlic powder to grits and stir. Temper the last egg in a cup with some hot grits then pour into pot and stir..
- Assemble the skillet by pouring the 6 beaten eggs over the bacon, then pour the grits over the eggs. Slide it into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the grits are set. Let it sit for a minute before you cut it..
Fold in the cooked sausage, scallions and jalapeno and season with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining cheese and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. This breakfast bake is made with a mixture of grits and cheese, baked with eggs broken on top. Break an egg into each indentation. This cheesy casserole makes a great brunch dish.