Potato and broccoli au gratin. This broccoli and potato gratin can be made individually in moulds for an extra fancy presentation. Thinly sliced potatoes and onion are layered in a creamy cheese sauce creating the perfect au gratin potato recipe. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again!
Drain potatoes and set aside in cold water. Peel potatoes and boil till tender. Puree potatoes in a food processor, slowly adding lowfat milk (or possibly mash them… Pour pureed potatoes over broccoli. You can cook Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- Prepare of side dishes.
- It’s 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- It’s 2 cup of warm half and half.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Home > Recipes > Vegetables > Broccoli and Potato Au Gratin. How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible. You can use a mandoline slicer if you have one I made this recipe first with the potatoes and it was delicious.
Potato and broccoli au gratin instructions
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
I have been making potato au gratin by making a white sauce for years but this is easier. Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French If you're wondering what the difference is between Scalloped Potatoes and Au Gratin Potatoes, scalloped potatoes are made with a flour-butter-milk. This broccoli gratin recipe features sage with its traditional cheese and broccoli and is a versatile side dish that fits in well with many menus. Gratin using any kind of vegetable is always considered a classic of French cooking.