Tamarind Pork Sliders.
You can have Tamarind Pork Sliders using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tamarind Pork Sliders
- Prepare 5 lb of bone-in pork shoulder.
- It’s 3 L of Tamarind Jarritos soda.
- Prepare 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 48 pack of Hawaiian rolls.
- You need 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
Tamarind Pork Sliders instructions
- Place pork shoulder in a large pot. Pour soda over shoulder, but do not let liquid surpass 3/4 the height of the pork shoulder..
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for approximately 4 hours or until bone releases very easily from meat. Add water, extra Jarritos, or chicken stock as needed if liquid level dissipates too quickly..
- Use tongs to shred the pork..
- Add brown sugar and turn heat to high..
- Stir to coat pork. Reduce until pork is coated with tamarind sauce, about 5 minutes..
- Variations; Chicken stock, pepsi, root beer, orange juice, ginger ale, bay leaf, tamarind pods, ginger, garlic, shallots, habanero, jalapeño, shallots, red onion, yellow onion, carrots, celery, lime, lemon, pineapple, mango, papaya, guava, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, mirin, honey, coconut, chipotle, serrano, ancho chile, mandarin, cumin, coriander, curry, apricot, thai chile, grapefruit, chutney, cilantro, lemongrass, dates, star anise, vanilla, turmeric.