You can cook Breakfast Caterpillar using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Caterpillar
- You need 1.5 lbs of pizza dough.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen tater tots.
- You need 1/2 lb of bacon.
- Prepare 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
- It’s 4-5 of hard-boiled eggs.
- It’s 4 cups of cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
Breakfast Caterpillar instructions
- Prepare your favorite yeasted pizza dough recipe a day in advance, or if your grocery stores sell fresh pizzas dough, purchase that..
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking pan with parchment and place the tater tots on it. Bake for 20 minutes..
- While the tots are baking, fry the bacon until crisp and then remove. When the bacon is finished, fry the sausage in the bacon fat and then drain..
- While the bacon is frying, hard boil 5 eggs with your favorite method. I prefer to pressure steam them at low pressure for 9 minutes, followed by immediate pressure release and the allowed to cool in a bowl until only warm to the touch. Peel the eggs under running water using a spoon to aid in separating the membrane and shell. If you're really lazy, just buy hard-boiled eggs from the store. Slice in quarters..
- Flour a large surface for rolling. Yes, that means moving your shit off the counter. Don't use your biggest cutting board… It's not big enough..
- Roll you dough out into a huge 14×20 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with cheese..
- Sprinkle with meats..
- Arrange tots on top and layer the eggs at one end of the roll..
- Roll the dough up..
- Tuck the edges under seam and lay seam down on the parchment you cooked the tots on..
- Whisk the raw egg and brush on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown..
- Cut into slices and serve with green chile or hot sauce.