Stale Bread Au Gratin.
You can cook Stale Bread Au Gratin using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stale Bread Au Gratin
- It’s 28 slice of Baguette bread.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Crumbled bacon.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried parsley.
Stale Bread Au Gratin step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Slice your bread or cube them. Just be sure they are thin enough to absorb the sauce..
- Place in layers in a large casserole dish..
- In a medium sauce pot melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk well..
- Once the butter and flour is blended and creamy looking, gradually whisk in the 2 cups of milk. You know it's ready once tiny bubbles have formed along the pot..
- Then add the cheddar cheese. I like to save a bit for the top of the casserole. Whisk till all the cheese is melted..
- Next add the Parmesan Cheese. Whisk till melted and creamy..
- Pour the sauce over the bread in the casserole dish taking care to cover each slice..
- Top the slices with the bacon crumbles and dried parsley. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum..
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes..
- Remove aluminum and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes..
- Pull from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then enjoy!.