Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice.
You can have Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice
- It’s 1 dash of Rice wine.
- Prepare 4 dash of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of Chili Oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of White sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of White or sushi rice.
- You need 1 of Filet of Yellow Fin (Ahi) tuna.
Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice instructions
- Place the filet of tuna in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a metal bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, rice wine, and chili oil..
- After the rice has finished cooking, take the rice out and fan it in a non heat conductive container. Then add the rice wine vinegar and stir.
- Heat a pan with oil and place the filet of tuna in it. Sear for 20 seconds on each side.
- Wash rice then cook in in a rice cooker. (1 cup of rice=1 cup of water).
- Take a handful of rice and squeeze into a round or square shape. Make sure to squeeze tight.
- Then seat the rice in a pan with oil. Shake the pan every 3 seconds so the rice doesn't stick.
- Heat left over marinade in a pan and add more soy sauce to create a glaze.
- Serve with cucumber or garnish of choice.