Easy chicken tacos. These simple yet flavorful chicken tacos are easy to make and filled with super juicy and delicious chicken! Perfect for weeknight meals and makes great leftovers! Easy Chicken Tacos – With a simple spice rub, the chicken is cooked so quickly on the stovetop!
While tacos these days take many shapes and forms, we know that even these basic chicken tacos are not the most authentic. These spicy tacos are perfect for weeknight dinners and are sure to please the entire family. This is an easy chicken taco recipe loaded with big, punchy Mexican flavours. You can have Easy chicken tacos using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy chicken tacos
- You need 3 lbs of chicken breast.
- It’s 1/2 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced sweet peppers or bell peppers.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed chili pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped lettuce.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped purple onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- It’s 2 of limes.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- It’s of Flour or corn tortillas.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light chili powder.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of paprika.
No marinating, no fussing with a separate sauce, no need to go overboard with toppings. These chicken tacos are warm flour tortillas filled with diced marinated chicken, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado and cheese. This is such an easy chicken taco recipe, and it's also a healthy meal choice for anyone on a low-calorie diet. These chicken tacos come together so quick and easy.
Easy chicken tacos step by step
- Cut thawed chicken breast against the grain, then chop into small bite sized pieces. Dice purple and yellow onion. Dice sweet peppers. Cut up cilantro. What you see below is what I set aside for toppings..
- In your favorite nonstick 12 inch pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped up chicken, yellow onion, 1/2 of the cilantro, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, 2 tablespoons cumin, 1/4 cup light chili powder, garlic, 1 tablespoon of paprika..
- On medium heat cook all ingredients in step 2 until it looks like the picture below.
- Make your tacos however you like them!.
- Chop about 2 cups of iceburg lettuce. Squeeze 1 lime and sprinkle with salt. This adds zest to your lettuce!.
Are you mourning the continued nonexistence of the taco emoji? These Easy Chicken Tacos are my current default and I've been leaning on them for the past month or so. They're quick, filling, and far superior to any takeout Mexican in my area. Instant Pot Chicken Tacos make a great weeknight meal. They are easy to make and a family favorite!