You can have Shepherd's Pie using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare of reduced calorie margarine.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need of reduced sodium soy sauce.
- You need of cubed, cooked chicken breast.
- It’s of carrots, sliced and blanched.
- Prepare of chopped, cleaned spinach leaves.
- It’s of chopped scallions.
- Prepare of thawed frozen corn kernels.
- You need of evaporated skimmed milk.
- It’s of dried thyme leaves, crumbled.
- It’s of ground marjoram.
- You need of medium russet potatoes, cooked, peeled, and mashed.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of paprika.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of water.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, melt the margarine. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3-4 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining tablespoon of flour. Stir in the carrots, spinach, scallions, corn, milk, thyme, marjoram and the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with potatoes, spreading to cover the filling completely; sprinkle with the cheese and paprika. Bake until bubbling and the potatoes are golden, 30-35 minutes..