You can have Indian Tacos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indian Tacos
- You need of Fry bread.
- Prepare 4 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of warm water.
- You need of Taco Filling.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 can of pinto beans.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 can of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
Indian Tacos step by step
- In a large mixer bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir oil into the warm water and add to dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed until well combined. Dough will be somewhat sticky. Cover mixer bowl with plastic wrap or a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes..
- While dough is resting, brown ground beef in a medium saucepan. Add tomato sauce, beans and taco seasoning. Fill tomato sauce can half full with water and stir in the tablespoon of flour. Add the flour/water mixture to the saucepan. Bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until ready to serve..
- Fill a large frying pan about halfway with your favorite cooking oil (I like to use LouAna coconut oil). Heat for about ten minutes on medium high heat..
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for just a moment, until you can roll it out into a large rectangle (about 12 x 16). Use a pizza cutter to cut into smaller rectangles (about 3 x 4). Cut small crosses into the center of each rectangle. Fry three to four pieces at a time until golden brown..
- Top fry bread with taco filling, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream. Dig in!.