You can cook Navajo Tacos using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Navajo Tacos
- It’s 4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 4 cup of cooked pinto beans.
- It’s 1 head of shredded lettuce.
- It’s 3 of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 2 cup of salsa.
Navajo Tacos step by step
- Pinch off dough into small amounts and roll into balls and cover..
- Fried Bread: Mix dry ingredients..
- Add water to dry ingredients and mix until moistened..
- Preheat 1" oil in large skillet on medium high heat..
- Roll out ball of dough on floured surface to about an 8" round..
- Place the round into the skillet and brown on both sides..
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels..
- Repeat until all rounds of dough are cooked..
- Taco Topping: Brown ground beef in separate skillet..
- Layer each fried bread with ground beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and salsa..