Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce. This Beef Tenderloin with Mushroom Pan Sauce is the perfect entree for a special meal. Today we are making a beautiful center-cut beef tenderloin roast, served with a simple baby bella mushroom pan sauce that you make while the beef roasts in the oven. Mushrooms and port wine flavor the sauce for luscious beef tenderloin.
Top slices of beef tenderloin with a rich sauce of cremini mushrooms and sweet red wine. This elegant beef recipe is an ideal choice for entertaining. Heat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. You can have Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter divided.
- You need 1 teaspoon of canola oil.
- You need 2 of beef tenderloin steaks 1 inch thick and 4 oz each.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped green onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- You need Dash of pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of browning sauce optional.
Topping succulent beef tenderloin steaks with sour-cream-and-Cognac-infused mushrooms turns a weeknight meal into a special occasion. With a rubber spatula, scrape the mushroom mixture into the cast-iron skillet. Mushroom Sauce for Pasta, Super Fast !! Transfer the mushroom sauce to a medium bowl or saucepan and keep warm.
Beef tenderloin in mushroom sauce step by step
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat cook the steaks to desired doneness for medium rare a thermometer should read 135 medium 140 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan reserving drippings keep warm.
- In same pan heat drippings and remaining butter over medium high heat sauté mushrooms and green onion until tender.
- Stir in flour salt and pepper until blended gradually stir in chicken broth and if desired browning sauce.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly cook and stir until thickened about 1 to 2 minutes serve with steaks.
Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Burgundy-Mushroom Sauce Recipe. For this classic roast beef recipe, cremini or white mushrooms are delicious in the sauce. Poppy Seed Parfait, Candied Kumquats in Thyme Syrup, and French Butter CookiesOn dine chez Nanou. This recipe for Beef Tenderloin with a Red Wine Mushroom Sauce is one of my favorites. Plus it is one of those recipes that can easily be adjusted to feed more people just by purchasing a larger piece.