Tuna casserole. This is a tuna casserole that even my picky family loves! This cheesy Tuna Casserole has a made-from-scratch sauce and a crunchy parmesan topping that puts this classic recipe over the top. Your family will love this version!
The dish is often topped with potato chips, corn flakes. Made with egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, tuna and buttery crushed crackers for the. Tuna Casserole is a classic comfort food topped with crushed potato chips. You can have Tuna casserole using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna casserole
- You need 2 cans of tuna in water.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- It’s 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup butter.
- It’s 1 c of shredded cheddar jack.
- It’s 2 of boxs any preferred mac and cheese.
- It’s of Hot sauce*optional.
- Prepare 1/2 c of milk.
Made with canned tuna and egg noodles, this tuna casserole is always a family favorite. The Best Tuna Casserole is SO easy to make! Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping. Tuna casserole is a hearty meal that's easy to make with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Tuna casserole instructions
- Remove the cheese powder packets from the macaroni and set aside..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Cook the noodles for 7-9 minutes. Add the peas during the last 2 minutes that the pasta cooks. Drain..
- Return the pasta and peas to the pan and add the butter, milk, cheese powder, Cheddar and tuna. Stir well..
- Serve and enjoy. I add salt and pepper and hot sauce to my bowl when making my plate..
For a quick casserole, combine canned mushroom or celery soup with cheese and tuna. Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). I think one of my favorite things about winter is my love for comfort foods. This lighter tuna casserole recipe is easy to make, full of great flavor, and Tuna casserole is such a comfort food for me and this delivers on the comfort and the flavor but also feels lighter and healthier. After the war, tuna casserole remained in the housewife's rotation, but the dish shed its Pacific Northwest roots and became associated with funerals (it's a thing, swear!), and the Midwest.