You can have Pizza Ziti using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza Ziti
- Prepare 1 lb. of penne pasta.
- You need 1 of large (24 oz.) jar of Prego flavored with meat sauce (or your preferred tomato sauce).
- You need 1 lb. of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of pouch of pepperoni.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
Pizza Ziti instructions
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Bring water to a boil, then add penne. Cook until slightly undercooked and almost al dente..
- 2. Strain the penne pasta. Grease a 9 by 13 pan with a little bit of vegetable oil or nonstick spray (Pam) to help with less sticking..
- 3. I like to add spice to everything I cook, but season the sauce to your taste. It’s up to your preference to how you want to tweak it to your taste. Mix spices into the sauce and then pour over noodles, tossing together until thoroughly coated..
- 4. Pour noodles into pan, then layer cheese and pepperoni on top. You can even do half the noodles and put a layer of cheese and pepperoni before adding the rest of the noodles and another layer of cheese and pepperoni on top if desired..
- 5. Cover with foil if you prefer it more crisp. Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes..
- 6. Let cool and serve. Garnish with parsley if desired..