Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique. In this final video, she shares her recipe for Pan-Roasted Chicken with Blackberry Gastrique. Add blackberries and thyme and cook until blackberries have broken down slightly and mixture is dark red with the Rewarm gastrique over low heat if necessary. Slice duck and serve with cous-cous, onions, and gastrique.
You pan fry chicken right in the skillet. So that you can enjoy crunchy crust and lots of flavor! I have hundreds of cookbooks, so from time to time I go to them for inspiration on something new. You can have Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique
- Prepare 550 g of fresh blackberries.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 4 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 handful of fresh thyme sprigs, plus a few delicate leaves.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
Turn the thighs and transfer the skillet and splatter screen, if using, to the oven. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Serve the chicken with Potato-Vegetable Hash and the pan sauce. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
Pan-seared chicken with blackberry gastrique step by step
- Blitz the blackberries in a food processor until they're thoroughly broken up. Pour the puree through a sieve to catch the seeds. Set the strained blackberry liquid aside..
- Add the honey to a small pot and put it on medium heat. Warm the honey through until the colour changes to a deep amber, about 6 minutes. Add the vinegar and let simmer, swirling the pot occasionally, until reduced by half. This'll be another 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in the blackberry liquid and continue simmering until reduced by half again, about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the pot as it may bubble over. Stir in a pinch of salt and a grind or two of black pepper, and set the gastrique aside..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness. Flip the chicken over and add the butter, thyme sprigs and garlic to the pan. Fry for another 6 to 8 minutes. As the butter melts, spoon it over the chicken. When cooked, remove the chicken to a plate to rest for 5 minutes..
- Serve the chicken with a generous drizzle of the gastrique and a sprinkle of the delicate thyme leaves..
Recipe: seared duck breast with huckleberry gastrique. Searing the duck is no big deal and pretty straightforward. Making the huckleberry gastrique is what takes up the bulk of the time and effort – mostly babysitting pan-sear the duck breasts. pop them into the oven for a few minutes. Pan-Seared Scallops with a Cherry GastriqueCavegirl Cuisine. Herb Crusted Pork Chop with Blackberry Gastriquethe carnivore and the vegetarian.