Patishapta (Bengali Traditional Dessert).
You can cook Patishapta (Bengali Traditional Dessert) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Patishapta (Bengali Traditional Dessert)
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 cups of rice flour.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- You need as required of Ghee.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 4-5 of cardamom.
- You need 1 litre of milk.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
Patishapta (Bengali Traditional Dessert) step by step
- For the Filling: In a pot, boil milk adding rice flour, cardamom and salt as required on the stove in a medium flame. After 20-25 minutes boilings, add coconut and sugar to taste into it. When the filling is ready, stop the flame immediately and keep it aside..
- For the roti : we have to make a semi liquid batter with perfect thickness for making the roti..
- Now, take another pot and put the all purpose flour with salt as required and rice flour. Mix it properly adding lite warm water as required and make a perfect mixchure. Add some brown sugar if you like and mix it well. Mixchure for roti is ready..
- Now, take a frypan, brush some ghee and heat it on stove. Take some liquid mixchure with a medium large size spoon and put it on the frypan. Give the liquid batter a round shape like roti by moving the frypan with your hand. Then cover the pan for one minute. Roti is ready..
- Now, put some filling in one side of the roti and fold it carefully using spoon. Patishapta is ready. Make all the patishapta using the same process and serve it hot. Enjoy the delicious dessert with your family and loved ones..