Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer).
You can have Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer)
- You need of (A) the dough.
- It’s 700 g of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 cup of warm milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of olive oil.
- You need of (B) cheese filling.
- You need 200 g of feta cheese.
- You need 100 g of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of (C) spinach filling.
- You need 3 cups of fresh spinach.
- You need 150 g of pomegranate.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced finely.
Breakfast Pastries (Fatayer) step by step
- Mix all the ingredients in section A until well combined, then knead with hands for 5 minutes..
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. it should double in size..
- To make the cheese filling, combine all the ingredients in section B and mix until it forms a paste..
- To make the spinach filling, wilt the spinach in a pan with the onions, then turn off heat and add the rest of the ingredients in section C..
- Cut the dough into even portions and then roll them out and fill them with any of your chosen fillings. I always like to make a variety..
- Brush some egg whites onto the dough to give it a golden colour..
- Preheat oven to 200°C and bake the pastries for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked. serve hot..