Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie. This flavorful variation on traditional shepherd's pie uses mashed butternut squash in place of potatoes. In a large skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon until no longer pink. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes.
Shepherd's pie, the British casserole of minced meat and vegetables topped with buttery mashed potatoes, delivers perfection in every bite. This version features extra-rich and creamy mashed potatoes and a hearty, carrot- and pea-studded meat sauce. Progresso™ beef-flavored broth provides a simple addition to this classic and hearty casserole – Shepherd's pie baked using beef, sausage and mixed vegetables. You can have Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie
- You need 4 of mild sausage links, casing removed.
- It’s 2 of celery, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of granny Smith apple, skinned and diced.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 1.5 cups of diced butternut squash.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s to taste of Dried basil,.
- You need to taste of Dried thyme,.
- You need 3-4 cups of mashed potatoes (prepared in advance or packaged).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
Shepherd's Pie is really not much more than a baked meat and vegetable casserole topped with potatoes, often using leftovers. It's a little like a beef pot pie made with ground beef instead of roast meat. To the best of my knowledge, Shepherd's Pie in the U. Sausage Shepherds Pie by Tasty Demais.
Harvest Sausage Shepherd's Pie step by step
- In a large pan, brown sausage meat.once browned add onions and garlic..
- Once onion is translucent, add all the veggies (including apple)and seasonings and stir and cook for 6-8 min..
- Transfer everything to baking dish or oven safe dish, top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese..
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 min and until top is bubbly and browned around the edges..
- **note: I topped mine with rustic mashed roasted sweet potato instead since hubby isn't CRAZY about sweet potato. Mine was DELISH and he said the regular mashed was delish (and my 2 year old loved it as well) the apples were a delish sweet bite..
Place sausage mixture in prepared hotel pan. Spoon mashed potato mixture over and smooth top. Harvest Bountiful Harvest Crowley Maines Culinary Secrets Culinary Secrets Texas Pete Katy's. Sausage Shepherd's Pie (via Tasty Demais). Ham Sausage Recipe Sausage Casserole Pork Recipes Cooking Recipes Sausages In The Oven Proper Tasty Food Porn Salty Foods Main Meals.