You can cook Carnitas tacos using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carnitas tacos
- You need of Pork loin.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of orange juice OR apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of Juice of one one lime.
- It’s of Small can green chiles.
- You need of cumin.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Oregano.
- It’s of Chili powder.
- You need of toppings.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- It’s of Salsa.
- Prepare of Pico.
- Prepare of Chopped red onion.
- Prepare slices of Lime.
- Prepare of Cojita cheese.
- You need of & taco sized tortillas.
Carnitas tacos step by step
- For the carnitas, heat olive oil in large pan over medium high. Season pork with salt, cumin, oregano and chili powder and sear all sides in pan..
- Place seared pork in slow cooker top with minced garlic and drizzle with more olive oil. Cook 6-8 hours..
- Once tender and falling apart shred with a fork and mix in the rest of the ingredients including paprika cumin and extra salt and chili powder as needed..
- At this point if you want to add some crisp to the carnitas you can stick on a baking sheet and broil for a few minutes..
- Assemble your tacos with desired toppings and enjoy!.