Steamed Cheesy Tuna Bao Buns.
You can have Steamed Cheesy Tuna Bao Buns using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Cheesy Tuna Bao Buns
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 envelope of fast acting dry yeast.
- Prepare 3-1/2 cup of all purpose flour 1/4 cup is for dusting.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoon of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare As needed of water to steam buns with.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 16 ounces of canned tuna.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fire roasted peppers.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of dill weed.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of chives.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 teaspoon of yellow prepared mustard.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 of large boiled eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Steamed Cheesy Tuna Bao Buns instructions
- Mix the warm water and sugar stir till sugar is dissolved. Add the yeast to the mixture stir till yeast is dissolved. Let the yeast bloom about 5-6 minutes..
- Mix the salt, and flour. Add the flour mixture to the yeast mixture and mix. Knead for 10 minutes. If sticky add a bit of dusting flour till no longer sticky. Form a ball..
- Add dough to an oiled bowl and coat the dough with oil. Cover and let rest for 1 to 1-1/2 hours it should double in size..
- When it's risen push your fist into the dough and work in the baking powder by kneading for 5 minutes..
- Let it rest 10 minutes. Divide into 10 equal portions and form balls..
- Drain the tuna. Chop the eggs and peppers. Shred the cheese..
- Mix all the filling ingredients together..
- Roll the balls into disc. Start the steaming water. Add the filling to one of the disc..
- Press and twist the disc shut add the bao bun to the steamer seam side down. Repeat till steamer is full..
- Steam for 15 minutes till the buns are done. Repeat till all are steamed..
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!.