Jarritos Braised Pork Tacos.
You can have Jarritos Braised Pork Tacos using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jarritos Braised Pork Tacos
- Prepare 5 lb of bone-in pork shoulder.
- Prepare 1.5 L of Jarritos Mandarin soda.
- You need 1.5 L of Jarritos Lime soda.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves; smashed.
- You need 2 of limes; halved.
- You need 1 of orange; quatered.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño; halved.
- It’s 1 of red onion; cut into 8ths.
- You need 1/4 C of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 T of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- You need 2 t of paprika.
- You need 2 t of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 t of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 t of cumin.
- Prepare as needed of vegetable oil.
- It’s as needed of scallions; minced.
- You need as needed of shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- It’s as needed of cilantro; chiffonade.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Jarritos Braised Pork Tacos step by step
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Heat chicken stock in a medium saucepot to a boil. Reduce by 1/2..
- Combine jarritos, garlic cloves, jalapeño, bay leaf, and red onion in a large saucepot. Squeeze the orange and lime juice in the pot and drop them in. Reduce by 1/2..
- Combine paprika, onion & garlic powder, cumin, coriander, and a large pinch of kosher salt and black pepper in a small bowl..
- Coat pork shoulder with spice rub..
- Heat a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot with vegetable oil..
- Brown pork shoulder over medium-high heat on all sides and remove to a plate..
- Add the chicken stock and vinegar to the pan. Scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Reduce by 1/2..
- Add jarritos mixture and brown sugar. Stir. Return pork to pot..
- Cover. Bake for approximately 3 hours or until pork reaches desired doneness. Flip pork over once halfway during cooking..
- Remove bay leaf. Shred pork with tongs or forks..
- Garnish with cilantro, scallions, and cheese..
- Variations ; Smoked paprika, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, crushed pepper flakes, habanero, bacon, poblano, celery seed, chile powder, roasted garlic or bell peppers, cilantro, cinnamon, corn, sofrito, beer, tequila, thyme, bourbon, rum, sherry, coconut, tamarind, salsa, salsa verde, mole, mojo crillo, nopalitos, black beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, recaito, chihuahua cheese, queso fresco, cotija, epazote, rice vinegar, agave, honey, apple, avocado, guacamole, swiss, cheddar, goat cheese,.
- Cont'd; Parsley, white vinegar, red wine vinegar, lemon, pearl onions, chives, pineapple, mango, papaya, apple cider, veal stock, celery, carrots, guava,.