Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce. Or Boston, or Bibb, or any of those tender head lettuces because they all look the dang same. Rinse rinse rinse, then pile a little bit of rice and tuna mixture into each cup, which. . . THEN, sprinkle the lettuce cuppies with the remaining cucumber.
They're having a moment right now, with poke restaurants popping up on every corner, but they're genuinely a cinch to whip up in your own kitchen. Poke bowls are a fresh, summery meal that's both filling and healthy. They're having a moment right now, with poke restaurants popping up on every corner They love all the individual components, and it's fun for them to build their own. You can have Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce
- Prepare 1 lb of sushi grade tuna.
- It’s of Coconut rice(see my recipe).
- You need 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of seasons oil.
- You need 1 tsp of chili oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ponzu sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves pressed.
- It’s 3 of green onion (green part only, sliced on the bias.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fine chopped cilantro (reserve 1 tbsp for finishing).
- You need of Crushed wasabi peas.
- You need of Diced avocado.
- You need of Lemon (half for the marinate and half for service).
A delicious Tuna Poke Bowl with Coconut Rice and lots of veggies. Too many Poke Bowl recipes disappoint with bland dressings and tasteless rice. the Japanse blood in my veins demand Poke Bowls be totally scoffable! So many Poke Bowl recipes disappoint with bland dressings and tasteless rice…. Homemade really IS tastier, you get to.
Tuna poke with coconut rice and Bibb lettuce step by step
- Mix all the ingredients except the wasabi peas, avocado and tuna and microwave for 30 seconds so the sugar melts, let cool..
- Slice the tuna into half inch pieces and add it to the bowl and mix well, let it marinate for at least an hour, preferably 2. stir every 30 minutes..
- Once it’s marinated fold in the diced avocado and serve it over the coconut rice and finish with toasted sesame seeds, lemon juice, wasabi peas and serve with Bibb lettuce.
Serve in Bibb lettuce leaves with root vegetable chips. How To Make Tuna Poke Bowls. To begin: In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil, honey, sambal oelek, ginger, and scallions. To serve, scoop rice into bowls, top with tuna poke. Reduce heat, cover saucepan, and simmer until rice is Just before serving, toss avocado into tuna mixture.