Tuna noodle casserole. This is an easy tuna noodle casserole recipe made with condensed soup, cheddar cheese, tuna A classic American dish, tuna noodle casserole is a favorite family meal. This simple recipe is a great. Tuna noodle casserole is a family favorite that is filled with noodles, vegetables and tender chunks of tuna fish.
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked. Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as. You can cook Tuna noodle casserole using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna noodle casserole
- Prepare 12 oz of pkg egg noodles.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of med diced white onion.
- Prepare 2 stalks of diced celery.
- You need 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 1-1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushroom.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of flour.
- You need 3 Cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 Cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 3 (5 oz) of cans tuna, drained.
- It’s 1-1/2 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 4 Tbsp of bread crumbs.
- You need of Cooking spray.
If you're looking for a healthy tuna noodle casserole made from scratch, look no further! This lightened up tuna noodle casserole is made with a creamy, but light parmesan mushroom sauce, noodles. Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole made from scratch with shell noodles, peas, tuna, celery, a delicious creamy white sauce, and crushed crackers on top. This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly!
Tuna noodle casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain..
- Put olive oil in a skillet over med heat. Stir in onion, celery, garlic & red pepper flake. Cook 5 mins..
- Turn to med-hi. Add mushrooms and cook additional 5 mins..
- In large saucepan, melt 5 Tblsp butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper..
- Stir peas, tuna, vegetable mixture with noodles in the large pot. Add milk mixture..
- Stir in cheese..
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture from saucepan..
- In a small bowl, melt 2 Tblsp butter. Mix in bread crumbs until moistened. Sprinkle over top casserole..
- Bake approximately 20 minutes..
Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). The Best Tuna Casserole is SO easy to make! Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping. It's the ultimate single serving comfort food! When I was growing up, tuna casserole was.