Pepper steak / beef pepper steak. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week. Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! As a kid I loved when my Mom made pepper steak and now that I'm an adult, it's always a hit in my house when I make it.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. Return the beef to the skillet and pour over prepared sauce. Jamaican Pepper Steak is a Central American and Caribbean sliced beef dish that can be traced back hundreds of years to the first settlers and enslaved settlers that arrived from Europe and Africa to the. You can have Pepper steak / beef pepper steak using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper steak / beef pepper steak
- You need 1.5-2 lbs of beef strips.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of green pepper, minced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of sofrito.
- It’s 1 packet of sazon.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare of Rest of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of of any other pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce. A quick and easy meal that tastes even better than take out! Beef pepper steak- a popular stir fry all over the world. The technique I'm sharing will guarantee the beef turns out amazingly tender- no matter what cut.
Pepper steak / beef pepper steak step by step
- Cut your beef into slices, if it isn't already. In large mixing bowl, add diced onions, diced peppers, garlic, oregano, bullion cube, sazon, soy sauce, sofrito, lime juice, black pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix to combine. Let marinate for atleast 30 min- 2days..
- In down time, slice onions & peppers..
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot, add your meat. Let your meat cook for 4-5 min. Then stir for about five minutes so all sides are brown..
- Add water by placing it into the marinade bowl then add to the meat. Add enough water to cover the meat. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. If water dries up, you can add more. Stew meat for 10-45 minutes depending on the type of beef you are using. Once meat is tender, add onions, peppers & vinegar. Add a little more water, turn down the heat & cook until onions/peppers are to your liking..
A flavorful Italian-style marinade adds flavor and tenderness to beef steaks. Try our quick and easy beef pepper steak recipe. See a full list of ingredients and how to prepare the steak step by step. Set a skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, lightly spray with avocado oil, then add bell peppers.