Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops). Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor. Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. If your idea of a pork chop is a thin, dry, little piece of.
Stir in the buttermilk to make a creamy gravy and return the. The Best Pork Chop Recipe : Smothered Pork Chops Recipe. Growing up, one of my favorite The usual liquid for gravy is water but to add more flavor to this pork chop gravy, I added chicken stock. You can cook Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops)
- It’s pack of Chicken thighs or boneless pork chops family size.
- It’s 1/2 – 1 tbsp of seasoning.
- It’s To taste of Garlic powder.
- It’s To taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of Cayenne.
- Prepare To taste of Tony’s or other creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of bell pepper (depending on size).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 of stalk’s celery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare As needed of Olive oil or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- It’s Approx 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
Lightly breaded pork chops are smothered in a rich savory and well seasoned brown gravy resulting. This recipe can be made using pork chops with a bone or boneless, whichever you prefer. Either way, it's easy to make in the oven or a Crock Pot. Smothered Chops / Oven or Crock Pot.
Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) instructions
- Make a a Glass of wine or drink of choice because why not!.
- Season your meat WELL and set to the side.
- Chop onions, bell pepper, celery and combine with minced garlic (fresh or jar).
- Fry seasoned meat in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the drippings in the pan sauté the vegetables and add a little water to keep them moist (anything stuck to the pan will come up in this step).
- Once sauted and soft, add remainder of water and then stir in 1 tbsp of flour and mix until slightly thick and then add kitchen bouquet and mix until desired color.
- Add meat back into mixture and cover continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender. (Note you can also transfer to dutch oven or pan and bake which I think is easiest).
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed and voila!.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy with a side vegetable like green beans!.
This recipe features pan-fried pork chops covered in a simple but super savory onion gravy and Add the chicken broth, buttermilk, and water. As the mixture comes to a simmer, use a wooden spoon to Smothered pork chops with onion gravy over rice is hearty comfort food that doesn't need much in. Feast your eyes on the most amazing comfort food of all time- smothered pork chops! I love to serve this with mashed potatoes- either on the side or on top of t. This smothered pork chops recipe is legit simple.