Tequila Pork Tacos.
You can have Tequila Pork Tacos using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tequila Pork Tacos
- Prepare 1 of pork tenderloin; trimmed & large dice.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper; thick julienne.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion; thick julienne.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- It’s 1 C of peach-mango salsa.
- Prepare 1/2 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/4 C of cilantro; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime; cut into half wedges.
- You need 6 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 1/4 C of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 shot of tequila.
- It’s as needed of chihuahua cheese for topping.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Tequila Pork Tacos instructions
- Bring stock to a boil in a seperate sauce pot. Reduce by 1/2..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan. Add pork. Season with dried spices, salt, and pepper..
- Sear pork well on all sides. Remove from pan..
- Add bell pepper and onions. Sear without shaking or stirring for 30 seconds to 1 minute to get a char-like sear..
- Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds..
- Return pork to pan. Stir. Add apple cider vinegar and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Add tequila. Watch out! Tilt the pan to ignite the flame. Cook until nearly evaporated..
- Add chicken stock. Reduce by 3/4..
- Add salsa. Cook 30 seconds..
- Garnish each taco with chihuahua cheese and cilantro..
- Serve with a lime wedge..
- Variations; Coconut, roasted garlic, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, fire roasted diced tomatoes, roasted or raw jalapeños or poblano, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, habanero, bacon, celery seed, cumin, thyme, paprika, smoked paprika, crushed pepper flakes, tomato salsa, mango or pineapple salsa, corn, zucchini, sofrito, beer, yellow squash, scallions, chives, cayenne, red onion, eggplant, Mexican oregano, coriander seed, chickpeas, refried beans, mojo crillo, spinach, arugula, tamarind, diced green chiles, green tomatoes, honey, agave,.