Pasta with Tuna. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. My mom used to make something similar when I was a kid, and I just loved it.
This was a great time saver, I got home and was in a hurry, so I took some pasta and canned tuna out of my pantry. And it's a family favorite for a This canned tuna pasta is not a fancy dinner by any means. But it is a tasty and comforting dish that. You can have Pasta with Tuna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- It’s 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- You need 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- You need of Pasta of choice.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- You need of Crushed red peppers (optional).
Make the most of storecupboard staples with our best tuna and pasta recipes. Choose from classic bakes to salads and more. But like all children of immigrant families, mom had a cheap solution for times like this: pasta with tuna. Stir in the minced tuna and then the olives.
Pasta with Tuna instructions
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
Season with salt and remove from the heat while you Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling water. When the pasta is a few minutes away from being finished. This Pesto Pasta with Tuna is so simple yet so tasty! It is one great way to use canned tuna and I've been making this simple pesto pasta with tuna for my family for ages and they seem to never get. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna.